From the day the engagement is official, everything becomes a whirl, there are going to be plenty moments of flying high on feelings of joy and excitement, and there are going to be more than a few moments that will make you feel like tearing your hair out and throwing a tantrum in the corner, but, nothing can take away from the fact that you are about to have your dreams come true in the arms of your Prince Charming at the end of it all!
Many of your friends are going to have opinions about everything from the kind of venue, how big or small your wedding should be, the best season for it blah di blah di blah, but most of all, they are all going to have their own stories about their search for that dream wedding dress – some will tell you it was a nightmare experience, and, if you are really lucky, some will tell you it was a really great experience – word of advice – ignore them all!
Here are a few things brides who have taken the journey you are starting out on to find your perfect wedding dress have to say, the kind of points that make sense no matter how you look at it, so that you don’t make the same mistakes as they did:
- Taking a crowd with you is not going to make your choices any easier! In fact, too many opinions are going to have you reaching for more than just one glass of champagne during fittings! Limit your entourage to two special people who have very different personalities – make sure one is a brutally honest (but loving) friend, or your mom (as long as she isn’t biased!), and then make sure you have someone sensitive enough to be the perfect foil for the brutal honesty! Everyone else can wait for the big day!
- You may well find that you end up with a dress that is completely different to the style you had already decided on – odds are that keeping an open mind is going to cause you a lot less stress, and it’s going to be a whole lot more fun!
- Only start looking for your wedding dress when you know the wedding date is set and the venue is booked – you can either freeze or perspire your way through the wedding if you don’t plan around the venue and the season! If, for instance, you have decided on a late afternoon/early evening wedding, making sure that a bolero jacket accompanies your dress to keep the chill at bay!
- Whatever you do, make sure that you go to a bridal store like Ever After Bridal so that you have a seamstress right at your side through all your fittings, it’s a decision you will never regret!
- There are a lot more words of wisdom that make life a little easier for brides starting out on the wedding dress hunt without causing further confusion, but, as a final one here, make sure that whatever you do, you wear the bra you are going to be wearing on your wedding day!
- Oh, and bring your wedding shoes along too, facing your wedding day in a dress that is too long or too short is not going to make it the happy day you so deserve!
Ever After Bridal not only offers designer wedding dresses for sale or hire in Durbanville and Nelspruit, they also welcome you into their family to share a wealth of experience earned through six years of dressing brides, and a passionate commitment to making a journey that can be pretty tough, a whole lot easier!